Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blood Red Moon



The early morning hours of August 28th, 2007 brought us some wonderful views of a lunar eclipse. With the eclipse not to begin until around 2:00 in the morning and not end until close to 5:00, mom and dad had some decisions to make about our sleeping hours. With the children interested in seeing the rare views, the alarm was set for 2 am and then about every half hour afterwards. Some of the children rose for a while, soon to give it up. Others of us rose and fell with the alarm clock. And then there was Tim - come morning, he had never made it to bed. Needless to say, when the normal school hour rolled around not much activity was happening. But the children had some sights to see and all was glad they did. It was neat to see the shadows roll across the moon but neatest of all was to see the red color come upon the moons surface deepening with the time. Hope you got to see it too. School opened after lunch.

1 comment:

Serving Jesus in the valley of the sun said...

AWw what happend to the post after this one? I thought whoever wrote that did a GREAT job and was a very good thought provoking one. I went to show it to someone and poof it was gone..lol.. well havent had the chance to call this week I hope everything is going ok.. I will try to call today. I would love to scrap tonight but there is a graduation going on at WHC so Im not sure what I wnna do..lol Dont even know Tammy if your gonna scrap tonight. Anyhoo talk to ya soon :)

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD - Part 1

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD - Part 2

LIFE IS LIKE A CUP OF COFFEE