INGRED-IENTS:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut
into 1" chunks)
3 tablespoons fresh garlic (minced)
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
3/4 cup green onions (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (sliced)
2 cups broccoli florets
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
Sauce-
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)
1/4 cup water
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To make the peanut sauce - In a bowl mix soy sauce, peanut butter. Add white wine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat oil. Add garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook until chicken is no long pink on the inside (about 5 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add a tiny bit more oil to the pan and sir fry red bell peppers, broccoli florets, and green onions for about 2 minutes or until they have reached desired tenderness. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Over medium heat add the peanut sauce mixture to the pan. Heat while stirring constantly. When sauce mixture starts to bubble add 1/4 cup of water and mix well to thin it out a bit.
5. In a large serving dish add chicken, green onions, red bell pepper , and roasted peanuts. Add sauce and mix well. Serve with white rice.
I slice up some jalapeno and/or habanero peppers in some chile oil and set to the side for those who want to kick it up a notch.




5 comments:
This goes really well with white wine. hahaha. just kiddin' That looks so yummmmmmy.
Hey, we really miss our thai food buddy. When I come out to AZ I am going to have to get some ingredients that I am have a hard time finding here. Funny story - here while back I stirred up some basil chicken and got it a lot hotter than usual for some reason. The jalapenos must have had quite a bit extra kick. Anyway, the family was all eating it but were teary-eyed and drinking lots of water. Tammy looked over at Ang and asked her if she was alright. She replied in her "Eeyore" way: "I think I'll be all right once I get out of the hospital."
lol ok just busted up at that one.. to funnyyyy.. lol.. that is encouraging words*when you come to phx* does this mean we hold hope to see you guys again? hehehe.. Looks good and will deff hafta try it!
It is always our desire to come to Mesa Camp. So hopefully it will work out.
Post a Comment