The combination of peanut butter and pasta seems a little odd but it is delicious. This recipe is cheap to make, tastes good, and easy. It is similar in taste to the Thai peanut chicken, except of course you have the pasta added. I added a little bit of crushed red Chiles (and some blackened whole ones to add to give more eye appeal). I'm sure some brocolli florets would be a good vegetable to add as well. I think you will be surprised how much you like it. I’ve got most of these recipes off of Blogchef.net and have found his recipes to be very good.Ingredients:
2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced or shredded, optional)
8 ounces pasta (such a spaghetti, linguini, or vermicelli)
¼ cup peanuts
¼ cup green onions (chopped)
Sauce-
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ tablespoons ginger root (minced)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 ½ tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons hot Chile paste (optional)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
Cooking Instructions:
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Step 2: While noodles are cooking in a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, and Chile paste. Cook over medium heat while stirring until the peanut butter melts and mixture is smooth and well blended.
Step 3: If you want a little spice heat oil in a wok and add a couple tablespoons of crushed red Chile peppers. Cook until slightly darkened. (If you don’t desire the heat, just stir fry the chicken). Add the two cooked chicken breast that have been thinly sliced. Cook until white.
Step 4: Add noodles into a large serving bowl, add chicken, pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.
(Makes 4 Servings)




3 comments:
I deleted your blog, signed off and then signed back in and added you guys again. It is working now - just will have to see if it works the next time you blog. I noticed on Ashley's blog, her's doesn't show your most recent entry either.
that looks so yummy! And though I might make it for myself, I don't think I'd bother sharing any with my grouchy old pastor, especially when he offers me green soup. note to the unlearned who might be reading this: never, ever take any food that steve acuff offers you. it may have been literally included in Jesus' last supper. Ask him about it some time. Anyhoo, we miss you guys tons. Steve was trying best you (as he is wont to do) and Angie and I nearly beat him to death with our invisible wiffle bats ;)
Ok I am siTting(on a place I can not publicly disclose) @2am trying to stifle my laughter.. Roseanna you crack me up!! Well I have never had CP=current pastor's green soup. But I have had him come to my home in what seemingly was an action of love(in the form of a costco pizza) only to have a soap bottle violently hurled at my head in hopes of a perm injury I think.. Lucky for me I was to drugged.. Hahahahhaaha.. Now one thing I can speak on is PP=prior pastor.. His cooking is da bombbbb digidy no doubt!! And that woman of his? Shewwwww dogy she can throw it downnnn townnnn man!!
Post a Comment